Benefits of League Membership:
If dues are a financial barrier, contact us to apply for a scholarship.Dues are due by January 1st and expire on December 31st. Dues are not prorated. Please submit membership and dues no later than March 1st for membership in the National Federation of State Poetry Societies. Dues paid after October 31st will be applied toward membership for the following calendar year.
- Opportunities to meet other poets and share works
- Membership in the National Federation of State Poetry Societies (NFSPS): Dues must be paid by March 10th for this benefit
- Opportunities to participate in public readings
- Ability to submit to Agates, an annual poetry journal
- Reduced rates to attend annual conferences, held in April and October.
- Opportunities to lead craft talks and facilitate writing workshops
- Participation in annual poetry retreats (winter and summer).
- Reduced entry fees for the League’s annual contest
- Reduced entry fees for National Federation of State Poetry Societies contest.
- Receive a complimentary copy of Agates
- Have your books promoted and sold on the League’s traveling book table.