The League of Minnesota Poets is currently comprised of eight individual regional chapters located throughout the state. Each chapter holds different local events including monthly meetings, open mic nights, artist-poet collaborations, and much more:
- Heartland Poets hold meetings in the Brainerd Lakes area.
- Mississippi Valley Poets & Writers meet in the Twin Cities.
- The Southern MN Poets are located in the Mankato area.
- The Southeastern MN Poets call Rochester home.
- The Grand View Poets are located in the St. Cloud/Sartell area.
- Story Portage holds meetings in the Ely area.
- The Duluth Poetry Chapter holds meetings in the Duluth area.
- Cracked Walnut (link is external) is based in the Twin Cities, specializing in setting up readings and reading festivals throughout the state. (If you would like a reading organized in your area or if you would like to participate in a reading, contact www.crackedwalnut.com. (link is external).
- Penned Poets is our virtual that takes place on Zoom.
Please visit each chapter’s link or check the calendar to find out what events are going on in your area. In addition to local events and monthly meetings, each regional chapter takes turns on a rotating basis hosting the LOMP spring and fall meetings. If you are interested in starting a chapter in your area, please contact us.
If you can’t find a chapter nearby you’re still welcome to be a member of the League of Minnesota Poets. We will notify you if a chapter starts up near you, or (for the slightly more ambitious) we will help you start a chapter of your own. If you’re not affiliated with a chapter you still receive all the benefits and goodies as any other League member.