AGATES (formerly known as the Moccasin), a poetry journal published annually by the League of MN Poets, features members’ original works. The book is a perfect bound, 80-page collection of poems beautifully designed and edited by members. All members are encouraged to submit their work.
Agates Submission Guidelines:
- Agates accepts ONLY poems and ONLY from current League members
- Previously published poems are accepted *
- Poems must not exceed 32 lines
- Submit up to five poems per submission period through Submittable
- Submit poems as .doc or .docx files
- One poem per page
- Include your name, phone number, postal address and email address in the upper right-hand corner of each submission
- All poems except haiku or senryu must have titles
- Proofread your work carefully
- If your poem’s punctuation breaks from convention, please include a statement of your intention, or it may be edited conventionally
- Poems are only kept for one submission period, so do submit your work each year
- Submission deadline is June 1st* while Agates accepts previously published poetry, we only list credits for previous publication of the NFSPS contest winners included in Encore. Agates prints up to three NFSPS contest prize-winning poems by any given member per issue/year. NFSPS contest winning poems may exceed the 32 line limit.